Finding storage space can be tricky, even at the best of times. Your working environment is hectic and relies on being organised to function efficiently, but as we all know, finding the time to research into decent warehouse storage, shelving and racking options can be difficult. This is where we can help.
Check out our top 5 recommended things to consider when choosing warehouse shelving and racking.
- Ensure that you know the dimensions of your floor space. Most racking systems purchased in the UK are measured in centimetres, so it makes sense to measure your floor space in metres and centimetres. If you need help with this process, Western Industrial Products (Tel: 01364 651860) are able to provide a free site visit to discuss your requirements, measure the floor area and then follow up with a proposal and costings.
- Work out the size, weight and type of goods that you are likely to store. If you store large, heavy and bulky pieces of equipment for instance, then you will require a very strong racking solution with specific weight limits.
- Type. Consider which type of racking system you require, as there are several solutions to look at.
- Pallet racking. This is a storage solution that says what it is on the tin. It is designed to store goods/materials on pallets in horizontal rows with multiple levels, to fully maximize the available floor space. Forklift trucks and pallet stackers are usually the essential tools for the placement and retrieval of your goods.
- Cantilever racking. This type of racking system allows for a more condensed form of racking solution – more storage in less space. Normally used for loads of varying sizes and shapes. There is no front column to the system, so cantilever racks are usually quicker to load and unload.
- Long span shelving. Ideal for smaller spaces. Available in varying sizes, this is an ideal solution for a small depot or warehouse, garage or office storage area.
- Accessibility to the storage solution. With health and safety issues playing an important role within any organisation, you will need to consider safe access and retrieval of the goods on your chosen shelving solution. If Forklift truck or pallet stacker, there will be regulations to follow, as well as safe clearance restrictions for operating these devices safely.
- Purchase the right equipment from the right supplier. With so many options from so many suppliers, you need to ensure that you deal with a reliable company that meets your requirements. Western Industrial Products, based in Devon, have been supplying and installing racking solutions for over 30 years. So, give Jason a call today on 01364 651860, or email [email protected]. For more information, visit www.wiproducts.co.uk.